Staking your $JUNO tokens with Keplr wallet
JUNO is an open-source interoperable smart contract platform which automatically executes, controls, or documents a procedure of relevant events and actions according to the terms of such contract or agreement to be valid & usable across multiple sovereign networks.
What differentiates JUNO from other Smart Contract networks?
➡️ Interoperable smart contracts
➡️ CosmWasm + (EVM compatibility in the future)
➡️ Compilation in multiple languages Rust & Go
➡️ High scalability
➡️ Ease of use
➡️ Open source
➡️ Free & fair asset inception via a genesis stakedrop to ATOM stakers
➡️ Balanced governance (Zero top heavy control)
➡️ Decentralized launch +network
➡️ Dynamic Fee Balancing
⚠️ Keplr extension is officially supported only on Chrome. It can also be used on Brave, but some features may be unavailable. It isn’t possible to use Keplr extension from mobile.
⚠️ Pay attention to the websites you connect your Keplr wallet with and only download Keplr from the official website or from the link you can find in this tutorial.
Installing Keplr & creating a new account
Installing Keplr wallet
1. Go to this link and click the [Add] button
2. [Add «Keplr»] window will show off. Here you have to choose [Add Extension]
3. At the end of the download, you can start to interact with your browser extension by clicking on it.
4. Now you have 4 options: import your account from a compatible* non-custodial wallet, import your Ledger account, create a new account via seed/mnemonic phrase or via [One-Click Login]. *[compatible] means a wallet that allows you to use the mnemonic/seed phrase to import your account to Keplr.
How to create a new Account via Mnemonic/Seed Phrase
1. If you are setting up Keplr for the first time: In the initial pop-up window, choose [Create New Account] If you have used Keplr before: In the extension click on the silhouette in the upper-right corner, then the blue box [Add Account] & select [Create New Account]
2. Choose to have a seed/mnemonic phrase of 24 words, then take care to save them. The safest way is to write the words on paper and store them in a secure place. Avoid taking screenshots of the words or copying them into your computer/phone notes.
3. Now enter a name for your account (you can change it later).
4. You can change the derivation path by clicking on [Advanced], but this is optional and not suggested for how we are going to use Keplr. If you are interested in knowing more about the HD wallet derivation path, you can find more in the Keplr FAQ, section [General Questions].
5. Once you are sure that you have correctly transcribed the seed/mnemonic phrase, click on [Next].
6. To confirm the creation of the new account, all you have to do is click on the words in the right order in which they appear in your seed/mnemonic phrase and press [Register].
7. If you have just downloaded Keplr extension, it’s time to set your password! Choose carefully, if possible, prefer a password you’re not using in any other application, and then click [Confirm]. If you have used Keplr before, this step will be skipped as you have already set your password when creating/importing your first account
How to create a new Account via One-Click Login
1. Note: The suggested path is to create an account via Mnemonic phrase or delegate via Ledger, we describing this procedure only because is the first time it is applied to Cosmos wallets and people might be not familiar with it.
2. Choose the option [Sign in with Google]
3. Now enter the email|phone number associated with your Google account, its password, and then click [Next]. In case you don’t have an account yet, you can create one by pressing the [create account] button.
4. Time to set your Keplr Wallet password! Choose carefully, if possible use a password you’re not using in any other application, and then click [Confirm]
How to add JUNO wallet to Keplr
1. Go to juno.omniflix.co
2. The [Chain Add Request] window will show off.
Here you have to choose [Approve]
4. Now you have to authorize the connection between Keplr and JUNO:
In the [Requesting Connection] window, select [Approve] to continue.
5. Check now your Wallet by clicking on the [K] extension icon:
Among the networks you can select, you may notice that in the [Beta Support] section [JUNO Mainnet Wallet] is now available.
After that, you will see your connected wallet and other related information.
How to Stake $JUNO Tokens?
When you are all set it is time to learn how to stake JUNO.
JUNO holders can earn staking rewards, thereby increasing their JUNO holdings by simply staking their JUNO tokens with any one of the active validators on the network.
To stake JUNO tokens you must first buy some JUNO tokens and send them to a wallet that supports staking.
As of the article date, JUNO tokens are available on https://app.osmosis.zone/
Once you’ve transferred your tokens to a stake-supporting wallet, you may proceed with staking your tokens on the network to earn staking rewards, press [Stake].
Search and select StakeCraft Validator, press [Delegate].
The next step is to decide the number of JUNO tokens you want to delegate, type the decided amount in the input field and click [Delegate]. But do not forget to leave some JUNO for fees, 1 JUNO should be enough.
⚠️ The [memo] field is optional and you may leave it empty if you’re not sending your tokens to exchange.
Next, select the transaction fee from the range of fees on display.
Click on [Approve] to confirm your transaction.
You have now staked your JUNO tokens and will begin earning staking rewards!
To manage your staking operations you can go to [Staked Validators] tab. Here you can Redelegate, Undelegate, or even Delegate more JUNO tokens to the selected validator(s).
StakeCraft staking account address
You can find us: